Monday, August 22, 2011

Back On the Horse!

Oh, sewing setbacks.  You might recall that I ran out of fabric for this blouse; well, I went back to Joann's to grab an extra half yard and they'd sold out of it.  Sigh.  (Also, I need to just suck it up and buy online--yes, the delayed gratification is killer, and paying for shipping always makes me sad, but I am so sick of choosing between the same five shirting cottons.  Plus their seersucker is all coarse and unpleasant lately.  Joann's, you are now notions only as far as I'm concerned.  We are breaking up.)

Because I am excellent at rolling with the punches, I picked up some similar-weight cotton for future shirts (which makes me sound much more confident in this pattern than I actually am) and decided to do a contrast yoke for the current one.  New Vintage Lady does it all the time!  It is a totally valid choice, and very period accurate!  This is what I am telling myself.  Anyway, what I've got looks like this:





Check out the sexy topstitching on my collar:



And this is my tired ass at the sewing machine at late o'clock at night (not really my ass, don't get excited):


Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I do much of my sewing like this: pale, tired, dirty-haired, in the small hours of the night, in a skull-and-robots apron.  I know: I make it look so glamorous.




P.S. Dear Partner's hip apron is coming along nicely:


2 comments:

  1. keep up the good work!
    oh that owl fabric looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's wonderful, I want to make little stuffed cushions from the scraps. :)

    ReplyDelete